If manifesting doesn’t work, is the problem you? Do you not believe strongly enough? Or does the problem lie with the concept of the law of attraction?
If you’re like me and feel the idea of manifestation is overall bullshit, let’s talk about the right way to manifest. (Spoiler: It has nothing to do with just wishing for something or someone.)
Manifesting what you want
Does manifesting work?
- Manifesting works… if you do the work.
- Wishing is not enough.
- Start your day with manifesting. Write down 3-5 things you really want.
- If you want to lose weight, just envisioning you wearing a smaller size isn’t enough.
- Trying to get a better job? See yourself successfully having an interview.
- Starting or scaling a business? Envision the steps it will take to do that successfully.
- Envisioning a beautiful house by the ocean won’t manifest one for you. See yourself doing the steps to get there.
- Manifesting just the end result won’t help you.
Slip on your walking shoes and come with me for a coached walk. Burn some calories, get your blood pumping, and de-stress as we chant about manifesting and how you can do it the right way.
Highlights: Manifesting – what it is, how it works, examples, and methods
Manifesting, in the most common form, is bullshit. Just wishing and believing that something will magically occur – getting rich, losing weight, finding love, curing illness – is dangerous.
What is manifesting
Manifestation, simply put, is changing your physical reality purely through thoughts, beliefs, and something you hope will happen.
Whatever you focus on will be reality.
Think it, and it will happen.
Positive attraction will bring something tangible into your life.
Manifesting what you want the right way
There’s much about manifestation that I don’t like:
- Cult-like following.
- The problem is always you (not the concept).
- Focusing so hard on that you want that you don’t see warning signs.
- Believing that things will fall into your lap.
- The inherent narcissism.
So what is good about it? And what is scientifically proven?
Mel Robbins released a video series where she talked about the science behind manifestation and how to do it properly. It was this video series that inspired me put how I feel into words. The way most people manifest is it’s utter BS.
The right way? According to research, if we really believe we can achieve something, we’ll put in the hard work to make it happen.
That’s it. If we want something bad enough we do the work. Having a growth mindset will make your dreams more of a reality than just sitting back and waiting.
If you’re ready to start manifesting, here are some tips to help you get started. First, make sure you’re clear on what you want (see cheat sheet below). Are you looking to attract more money into your life? Or do you just want to feel better, lose weight, or stop smoking? Once you’ve decided what you want, write it down. Then, visualize yourself having what you want every day. This will help you stay focused and keep you motivated.
Manifestation cheat sheet
- Be clear about your goals.
- Set your intention.
- Every morning write down 3-5 things you want.
- Visualize the steps, not the end goal.
- Focus on the journey.
- Do the work.
Quotes from the episode
“When someone says, “one cookie won’t hurt,” it might. If you’re in a place where one cookie will trigger you, envision what you’re going to say to counter that and envision yourself feeling good about it.”
“We’re never going to be 100% finished with everything we do. Enjoy the process along the way, because life is about learning. That’s what makes life great: learning and experiencing new things.”
“Think of the money you want to. Think of how you’re going to get to your goal, but also think of what that will help you accomplish.
You’ll have more freedom, you’ll have more money, and time to help other people. That’s the feeling you want to sit with. What can I do with my goal when I get there to help others? What can I do to help change things?”